Saturday, October 23, 2010

Body butter


So I think I have perfected the best lotion/butter for my family's skin.  My first lotion was a little too greasy for me but my husband liked it for his dry skin. This time I decided to replace some of the coconut oil with cocoa butter. Since I added cocoa butter the consistency is more like a body butter than a lotion. You can add more "water" if you want more of a lotion instead of a butter. I have to say that I love the consistency of the butter more than the lotion.
Lindsey's Perfect Body Butter
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cocoa butter
1/4 cup calendula flower oil
2 grams vitamin E oil
2 grams Grapefruit seed extract
20 drops or more of essential oil
6 tablespoons aloe vera juice
10 tablespoons Chamomile infusion
2 oz beeswax

Follow the same directions as my Coconut oil lotion.

I added the natural preservatives, Vitamin E oil and Grapefruit seed extract to help extend the shelf life of my lotion plus it is good for your skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment