Monday, April 16, 2012

A Baby Shower

I recently threw a baby shower for my good friend and she is expecting another baby girl! I came up with a French country theme for the party. Rustic paper bags, accented with doilies. I stuffed mini brown paper bags with pink and white taffies that I found at Trader Joe's. Instead of stopping all the chatting and eating to play games I just set up a game station where the ladies could go to write their answers when they were ready.

 Simple craft twine with doilies folded and glued. Pink pom poms of course.
 I decided on a mini dessert buffet. Petite fours, lemon meringue bars, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate almond macaroons, and mini madeleine.
 I used Martha Stewart's Lemon Meringue bars recipe but made a cooked meringue instead of a raw one and torched the top with a mini torch.
This madeleine recipe was perfect! I love how it came together. I found mini madeleine pans at Sur La Table.
 These petite fours were so much fun to make!!! I used a petite four recipe from Martha Stewart. These are made from a dense yet moist pound cake and the poured fondant was so easy to make! I topped them off with royal icing decorations. I tinted the pink ones a little too much for my liking but they turned out pretty cute for my first time making petite fours. I plan on making petite fours and French macaroons for Amelia's 4th birthday in July instead of cupcakes. I'm so excited!
 I used yet another Martha Stewart recipe for these amazing chocolate almond macaroons. I'm guilty of being a huge fan and having the childhood nickname of "Little Miss Martha". hehehe

The macaroons are crispy on the outside and perfectly chewy on the inside. Gluten free too! I sandwiched them with seedless French raspberry jam instead of melted chocolate. One recipe make a lot of small ones.

 A sweet friend from church gave this beautiful hand crocheted tablecloth to me. Such a wonderful gift. I layered it over a cream colored tablecloth.
 Chocolate covered strawberries are always easy and delicious.
 I made all of the pedestals for the buffet. I will post a tutorial about them tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment