Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jello!!!



The word "Jello" screams retro! It's fun, colorful, inexpensive, yummy and nostalgic. Who could ask for more?!?!

I prefer things to be as unprocessed as possible so I decided to make jello from scratch. Here is the Knox Gelatine brand recipe for jello.

4 packets of Knox gelatine
1 cup cold natural "no sugar added" fruit juice
3 cups boiling natural "no sugar added" fruit juice
2 tablespoons sugar or honey (optional)

1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold juice in a large bowl. Let sit for 1 minute. Add hot juice and stir until gelatin has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour into mold or a 13x9x2-inch pan.
2. Chill for 3 hours and cut into squares or shapes.

There are vegan alternatives to gelatin I would like to try out even though I have no problems with gelatin.





I ordered some great vintage Jello and Knox cooking booklets from amazon and eBay. Most were under $2.00!! I will post some pictures of the booklets when they come in the mail. Can't wait to try out some fun jello recipes and share the results with you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment