Friday, January 28, 2011

Vintage Charm For Little Girls


I love the colors that can be found in vintage handkerchiefs.  I knew I wanted to decorate my daughter's room with vintage handkerchiefs when I was pregnant.  It took me until she was 2 years old to decide on what to do with all of the handkerchiefs I had been collecting.  I found music album frames at Micheal's and spray painted them a buttery yellow.  After ironing out all of the wrinkles I framed the handkerchief up. 

(I need to take down the crib now that Amelia is in the big bed now)

You can also see the amazing quilt I found at an antique shop in Amelia, Va.  It was neatly laid on an antique bed.  I squealed with delight when I saw it and after further inspection I noticed it was in perfect vintage condition.  All it needed was a good soak in the washing machine.  It has some fun pattern which I believe start around the early 60's.

All of the colors in the quilt pull together the colors in the vintage handkerchiefs I think.  I love how her room has come together.  I settled for plain white Target shams and curtains by Shabby Chic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment