Friday, September 3, 2010

Crochet edging

I have had this lamp shade for about 5 years now and I'm the type that gets bored with decor fast. That's why I was in college to become an Interior Designer before deciding to become a stay at home mommy. I love all types of styles, time periods, colors, etc. Even though I did not follow through with a design degree I still love interior design so I just can't settle on one look for my home. I am constantly changing things. Lord help me when I get the chance to build and decorate my own home. I better start a binder with inspirations now!

Last night I decided to add a little something to this lamp shade. It needed more color and texture.




I crocheted a scalloped edging in a navy blue and teal and then hot glued it to the bottom of the lamp shade. The edging makes the lamp shade look more complete. At least to me it does. :) Plus it brings together extra colors which I like. Mixing contrasting colors is one of my favorite things to do. Olive green with a pink and a mustard yellow. Very Anthropologie.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment