Monday, March 7, 2011

Crochet Granny Square Pillow Cover

I am quite pleased with how well my crochet pillow covers came out. I started out by crocheting a large granny square as big as I wanted it then finished it off with a single crochet around, triple crochet around and then a shell stitch around.





I bought pillows and slipcovers from IKEA. I ironed the pillow case after this pictures. ;-)

I stretched out the granny square and laid it on the pillow case. I tried to leave a 1 1/2 inch boarded all the way around the granny square. I just pinned the edges down to the top part of the pillow cover. (First layer)

I took thread that matched the pillow case and sewed a running stitch all the way around the very edge of the granny square. The thread hides really well as long as you don't take too big of a stitch.




The finished product is a fun and colorful accent to your home. I like to call it Anthropologie-esque. Hehe






1 comment:

  1. I want one! WOW! I really like your blog! so glad i came across it!

    check out mine? I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    ReplyDelete