Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Party Inspiration

While researching birthday party ideas I came across some very useful websites.  Catch My Party and The Sweetest Occasion have unlimited amount of ideas when it comes to decorating and planning a party. There is so much to look at that I'm sure it will take me awhile to go through each party. 

Catch My Party categorizes the parties my theme which is very helpful since they have tons of parties to go through.  I can't help but to notice many of my ideas which I thought were original being displayed on Catch My Party and The Sweetest Occasion.  It is so weird to see the ideas you have dreamed up on other people's websites. I ask myself, "How in the world?!"


{Fairy House by Enchanted Gardens}
For Amelia's Fairytale birthday party I want rustic and "realistic" looking fairy decorations instead of the commercial looking party decorations I see for fairy/fairytale themes. Real or silk flowers and natural materials. My local Micheal's craft store has most of their Spring flowers and greenery on sale for 50% off! I had to take this opportunity to buy as many as I could so that I will have them for Amelia's party decorations and for making fairy crowns and clips. So far I see my color scheme being dark blue, yellow, purple, greens and pinks. I may add in some teal.  I spotted a moss table runner and place mats which will add a nice texture to the tables but I'm holding off on those for right now. I seem to always add butterflies to every party I throw. My wedding, Amelia's 1st and 2nd birthday parties. I adore butterflies!

  Since I love adding lots of elements to my parties I have to be on the look out for bargains. I was so pleased to come across a website properly named, Save On Crafts. So many awesome things at great prices. Oriental Trading is always full of fun stuff too.

{$2.99 each! Save on Crafts}
{Moss Sticks $2.99 by Save on Crafts!}
{Roll of Moss $24 by Save on Crafts! Cheaper than Micheal's)


{These are so FUN! There are wild flower seeds in the natural paper! I want to fill these with small party favors and then after they are emptied the guest can plant them in the ground or flower pot and watch them grow.  I am so excited about this!! By Save on Crafts}
{Or I can fill these Jute bags with favors!}
{Or these burlap bags!}
Ideas, Ideas! My head is spinning right now.  I am most definitely leaving my backyard and patio decorated with the Fairytale theme when Amelia's party is over. Kill two birds with one stone.  

I do enjoy going to the Renaissance Faire when it comes to town. One particular decoration that I noticed everywhere were the fabric and ribbon garlands. So beautiful. I want to pull a little from the different whimsical elements that can be found at a Renaissance Faire.  It has that Pixie Hallow feel to it especially when the music is playing. I think I'm going to buy inexpensive muslin fabric and dye it different colors, then cut them into strips. I can then tie the strips onto jute twine and hang them all over the backyard and patio to give the party a whimsical feel that I love.

I better come back to reality for now! lol I could go on and on for hours about all of my ideas.  I have to save something for the actual reveal which won't be until July!

1 comment: