Friday, May 15, 2009

Natural Remedies



Natural remedies and cleaning methods are as old as time. I'm not talking about your silly "Old Wives Tales" here. I'm talking about tried and true remedies used by herbalist, Naturopaths, and Homeopaths. My Great Grandmother from the mountains of North Carolina would give her family herbal remedies such as goldenseal for colds or flu. I feel that herbalism is a lost art and like my Great Grandmother I choose to treat my family with herbs, nutrition and homeopathics. The purpose of natural remedies and healing is to support the body's ability to heal itself. Instead of covering up the symptoms, herbs can treat the cause of the illness or ailment.

I have two books that I refer to often:

"Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal"
"Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child"


Most herbal remedies are safe to take but as with anything new, check with a physician first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment