Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Circle Skirts


This year I decided to make matching skirts instead of dresses like I did last year. I used Casey's circle skirt sew a long and Patty The Snug Bug's circle skirt tutorial to make our Easter skirts. Patty has an easy to use circle skirt calculator! You can even calculate 3/4 and 1/2 circle skirts using her calculator page. I love Casey's longer blue skirt with hand embroidered bumble bees that she made! So cute!
Source

Casey's Circle Skirt Sew A Long

I messed up my hem and in order to even it out my skirt ended up shorter than I would have liked it to be. The skirt was very easy to put together. I made mine and Amelia's circle skirt in about 1 1/2 hours. I used Heather Bailey fabric for our skirts. She has great fabrics! I am definitely making more because they are so easy. I want to make a half circle skirt next. I feel like it will be more flattering on me than a full circle skirt. Below is Casey in a half circle skirt she made.  Looks great and it has a very vintage look.
Source  


I opted not to wear crinoline or a petticoat. :-)














0 comments:

Post a Comment