Monday, April 2, 2012

Everything French! oo la la

Vive La France!
source
 
 I have suddenly become obsessed with everything French! I have no idea how it came about or what clicked but I'm glad it did. I always liked French things like French Country decor, food, etc but I never really thought about what feelings French things evoke. This new epiphany conjures up feelings of romance, freshness, bold taste, classic style, and a good body image. Some of you may say, DUH! but I just never really felt it before until now. Now Italy, Ireland and Scotland are different stories. I always had strong feelings for these countries. We spent our Honeymoon in Italy and I would love to go to Ireland and Scotland for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

source

Last Tuesday I was reminded about the book, "French Women Don't Get Fat". I becam very interested in it and after a little research I decided to download it on my phone and find out what all the fuss was about. I'm a few chapters in and so far I love it. This book is probably what triggered my French obsession. Mireille Guiliano has a great website with French style, French recipes, French finds and even a community message board. She makes it all sound so exciting.

The iconic French Cafe. We are lucky enough to have some great cafes with outdoor seating in Northern California. When we were in Rome and Florance for our honeymoon we spent quite a few evenings sitting at cafes sipping espresso and taking in the sights. It's so relaxing. I need to do that more.

source

source

source

source
A French press is a charming way to make coffee. I find myself making coffee in a french press more than my coffee maker.



French markets are important to the French people. Most shop for their fresh produce and meats a few times a week at the open markets. I love the idea of carrying my market basket through a colorful markets searching out our dinner for the night. We have a farmers market every Saturday just a few blocks from our house. I would really like to start shopping there for fresh produce. Unfortunately I do not know of a local open market that sells meat and cheese like they do in France.

  I'm excited to try out French recipes I have never tried before. Classics like Boeuf Bourguingnon, Coq au vin, and french onion soup. I have already picked out different French cheeses to cook with and I need a few classic wines for cooking as well. I really need to get a French cookbook or two.

source

source

source
source

I've also discovered French perfume. I haven't worn perfume in years because I did not want to inhale the chemicals and they also irritated my sinuses. I did a little research and found that the French style perfume is made naturally from the oils of botanical plants. I love that idea! I found a few brands and the descriptions of the scents sound amazing. I need to hint to the Mister. La Bouquetiere sells these roll on French perfumes along with other beautiful things.

French Lilac

Freesia French

Emotion

Ambre French
I've been catching up on movies that are filmed in France. I watched Midnight in Paris, Sabrina and Chocolat. Everyone tells me I have to see French Kiss and I would like to see Forget Paris. House Hunters International has been fun! I've seen a few episodes centered in Paris. Absolutely beautiful.

source
I'm adding Paris, France to my list of places to visit one day. So much to see and experience in Europe!

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment